APT soda blast cleaning specialists in masonry brick and stone cleaning, preservation of architectural buildings in the UK. Our specialist preparatory cleaning works for conservators on some of the most beautiful listed buildings, historic property, monuments and even vintage vehicles in need of restoration.
Having dealt with many conservation architects, building surveyors and property developers, we know how critical it is that any cleaning process used in historic or listed building conservation and restoration is sympathetic to the host material in order to preserve important architectural buildings and features for future generations.
With over 25 years of experience of conservation of historic buildings and listed building repairs.
We have researched and developed the best cleaning and restoration methods. We believe that APT deliver the best possible service for the cleaning of stone and brick masonry surfaces as well as war memorials, monuments, statues and bronzes, safely removing staining and surface pollutants.
Architects, historians, private property owners, local authorities, heritage organisations and listed building renovators all agree that soda blast cleaning is the best choice for use during the conservation of historic buildings. Soda blasting is used in many applications, some examples being:
- gently cleaning delicate surfaces
- paint and varnish stripping
- graffiti removal
- restoring brick, stone and timbers to their pristine condition
Soda blasting is widely considered as being the only safe solution for use in listed building renovation to effectively clean and remove:
- staining from masonry
- paint from wood, plaster, brick and stone
- limescale build up
- rust stains
- unwanted coatings
- surface pollutants
Soda blasting is an extremely versatile cleaning technique that can be used for:
- concrete cleaning
- large scale brick and masonry cleaning
- graffiti removal
- mould & algae removal
- odour elimination following fires and flooding
- monument cleaning
- structural beam and timber cleaning & restoration
- surface preparation on all metals and wood timbers
Blasting soda is an extremely soft media with about the same hardness as talcum powder (2.4 on Moh’s hardness scale) and will therefore not cause damage to surfaces. It is used in historic and heritage property restoration to clean and remove surface deposits from:
- stone including sandstone, limestone, York stone, Portland stone, marble cleaning, terrazzo and granite
- flagstone flooring & path ways
- fountains and ornamental sculptures
- ceramics and glazed tiles
- glass & stained glass
- structures and monuments manufactured in ferrous & non ferrous metals including anodised aluminium, stainless steel, brass, copper, bronze, cast and wrought iron
- plastics & nylon components
- rubber & neoprene
- GRP, fibre glass & plastic coatings
The soda blasting process saves both time and money by salvaging and deodorizing assets once deemed as total losses. It quickly neutralises smells from mould and algae after flooding as well as toxic pollutant residues left behind from fire damage.
You can read more about APT and the other Specialist cleaning services by visiting the APT-ICC website at www.apt-icc.co.uk.
Blast Cleaning is a broad term to describe a number of different processes used in the restoration and preparation of surfaces. It can involve both dry blasting and wet blasting using different grades of blast cleaning media. Contact us for advice about the best method of application and the correct blast media to ensure optimum results and the desired finish.
APT work with all blast cleaning media materials and are widely experienced in working on historic and architectural building cleaning programmes. All our equipment operators and cleaning technicians are fully trained and are responsible for the H&S and CDM regulations of construction and engineering procedures. Our on-site service teams regularly carry out specialist blast cleaning during and out of hours, or weekend working to accommodate your individual needs.
- Grit & shot blasting
- Blast cleaning
- Bead blasting
- TORC blast cleaning
- DOFF system steam cleaning
- Vapour blasting
- Blast cleaning – high pressure jetting
We also have a number of other historic and listed building cleaning services available.
- K-rend and render cleaning
- Car park cleaning
- Cladding cleaning
- High level cleaning
- Gutter cleaning
- Roof cleaning
- Rope access
- Poultice cleaning
Take a look below at some of the other services that APT provide for historic, listed and other buildings.
- listed building repairs & restoration
- Stonework repairs and restoration
- Lime mortar re-pointing
- Fire & flood restoration
- Commercial painting
- Graffiti removal services
- Oxidised paint renovation
- Industrial painting
APT are the leading soda blasting company in the UK so call us now for help and advice about your historic building conservation, cleaning and renovation needs.